Ellen Stirling Primary School uses ‘Connect’ for school communication. This app is used to notify parents/carers of information happening at the school by notifications to you in a discrete way to your smart devices.
Connect is now used in our school. Connect is an integrated online environment developed by the Department of Education for staff, students and parents in public schools. Check out the short video clip on Connect at https://vimeo.com/102803473
How will parents access Connect?
Parents will be given their own secure login to Connect through the school. This will be a P-number as a user name and a starting password that you can change.
When you log on you will be able to see information specific to your own child/ren such as:
- The classes in which your children are engaged
- Class calendars
- Week by week attendance information
- Assessments/reports and evidence for your own child
- Notices from classes that automatically generate an email notification to you
- School News
- Advise of student absences
If you have multiple children you only need one login – even if your children attend different public schools.
Connect Conditions of Use for parents
- Only parents or responsible persons as defined in the School Education Act 1999 and verified by the school will be given access to Connect.
- Any person/s signing up for the service understands his/her responsibility for keeping the service access details (username and password) confidential.
- The Department of Education does not accept responsibility for any event arising from unauthorised access or use of Connect.
- Parents agree to use Connect in accordance with Department of Education’s policies regarding Appropriate Use of Online Services. These policies can be accessed from the Connect Sign In screen. Parents are required to accept that they have read and understood these policies before access to Connect is provided.
Limits of the Service
The Department of Education provides Connect as an online service for teachers, students, parents and Department staff. Connect is a communication channel that schools may use to communicate with parents/guardians on matters impacting student education. The Department of Education does not undertake to provide all student-related information via Connect.
When using Connect, I agree that:
- The information contained in Connect is personal and private information.
- The parent username and password is only shared between the child’s legal parents or guardians.
- I will not interfere with network security, the data of another user, or attempt to log into the network with a user name and/or password of another user.
- If I become aware of unauthorised access to my parent account I will immediately inform the school.
- I consent to the logging, monitoring, auditing and disclosure of my use of Connect.
- Any breach of these conditions for which I am responsible will result in my access to Connect being suspended or revoked.
- I agree to use Connect in accordance with Department of Education’s policies regarding Appropriate Use of Online Services. These policies can be accessed from the Connect Login screen.